This tutorial is for Guide: Block Websites on Android Device. We will do our best to make sure you understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog Guide: Block websites on Android device. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check out the guide: Block websites on Android devices
There are several reasons why we need to block certain websites on our Android phones, tablets and computers. Some websites spread viruses to our device, contain unnecessary and unnecessary content, and some websites even attempt to steal our personal information. While you can avoid these websites, it is not good for you to avoid them when other people are using your device. In this case, it is better to block these websites.
There are several ways to block websites on your Android smartphone or computer. You can block websites across your entire operating system, a specific browser, or even your network router. In this guide, we will discuss some methods or tools that you can use to block websites on Android or other devices.
Block websites through your browser
While most mobile browsers fall far short of their desktop counterparts when it comes to functionality, there are ways to block websites through them on Android. Some browsers allow you to install add-ons. In this case, we’ll take a look at a Firefox add-on. If Firefox is not yet installed, you can download it here. Once done, all you need to block websites is to get the BlockSite plugin. Here’s how to install it:
- Open Firefox and tap on the menu (three dots) in the upper right corner.
- Select Add-ons, then tap Browse Recommended Firefox Extensions at the bottom of the page.
- Search for BlockSite (a word) in the search bar at the top. Tap the first result, then tap Add to Firefox.
- You will see a pop-up window with the necessary permissions for the plugin. Just add and accept if you are comfortable with what is requested.
- Once the installation is complete, you will need to tap Accept and grant BlockSite permissions to access visited URLs etc. to activate the plug-in.
- You will then be redirected to the BlockSite menu. Just tap Block Sites and enter the URL of the website you want to block.
If your primary use of this plugin is to protect your child from inappropriate content, you might need to take a few more steps. Just in case, you need to uninstall or disable other browsers on your device. You can do this by going to Settings then Applications. Most devices come preinstalled with Chrome and the phone manufacturer’s browsers. Find them through the search option and turn them off. You can then hand over your tablet or smartphone to your child without worry.
Block websites with an app
If the above solution seems too complicated for you, you can still trust the apps. There are a variety of apps that will do the job, but we’ll mainly focus on the ones that don’t require you to root your device.
Google family link
If you want to monitor your child’s online activity and protect them from inappropriate websites, one of your top choices should be Google Family Link. Not only does it allow you to block websites on Chrome, but it also sets limited access to certain apps and adult content on Google Play. If you want to know more, you can read our in-depth guide on how it works here.
Block the site
If your main goal is to avoid procrastination by blocking websites, you can use BlockSite again, this time as an app. The app has a clean and easy to use interface that will walk you through the website and app blocking process. What makes it great is the ability to program the lock as well as how it works that will help you stay productive.
BlockSite has password protection, so you can lock the app and even sync it between desktop and mobile. It can also be used to protect children from unwanted content with the ability to block all adult websites with just the push of a button.
Block websites with a firewall
If you want to go further, you can block websites on Android using a firewall. Most require you to root your device, but there are free options for rooting. One of the best says it all in its name: NoRoot Firewall. It has a clean and easy to use interface and requires minimal permissions. It allows you to create filters based on domain names, IP addresses and host names. You can even control app-specific connections. Here is what you need to do to block websites after you install NoRoot Firewall:
- Open the app and go to the Global Filters tab at the top right.
- Touch the New pre-filter option.
- Check the data and Wi-Fi icons if you want the website to be blocked on both connections.
- Enter the address of the website you want to block.
- On the Port tab, select *, then press OK.
- Go back to the Home tab and press Start.
Final words: Guide: Block websites on Android devices
hope you will understand this item Guide: Block websites on Android device, if your answer is no, you can request anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, then share this article with your family and friends.